Za'Atar Salmon Fillets
On this episode of Simply Cooking with Supabarn, we are featuring a quick & yummy salmon recipe with a Middle Eastern zing! Salmon sourced ethically from Tasmania.
Our YouTube channel is here.
4 salmon fillets, with skin on
4-6 medium sized potatoes, cut into eighths
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes, plus a little extra
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
1 tablespoon oil, plus a little extra
Juice of one lemon
500g green beans
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon zaatar spice blend
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. To make the potatoes, place them on a lined oven tray (making sure not to cramp the tin too much) and add the salt, pepper, oregano, oil and lemon juice. Mix to combine and then pop into the oven to roast for 35-40 minutes.
3. Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towel and place on a lined oven tray, skin side down. Season with a little salt and pepper and drizzle the olive oil over the top. Sprinkle the zaatar over the fillets and pat down lightly to form a crust. Pop the tray in the oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until the fillets are opaque and gently flaking.
4. In the meantime place about 2 inches of water in a medium pot and bring to the boil. Add the beans, bring them to boiling again and cook for just one minute. Place the beans in iced or cold water to prevent them further cooking, drain and set aside.
5. Serve the fillets piping hot alongside roasted potato wedges and blanched green beans. Drizzle the beans with a little extra olive oil and salt and serve immediately.