Spring lamb Bowl Recipe
In our very first episode of Simply Cooking with Supabarn, Helen takes us through the steps to making a light & lovely lamb dish for these warmer weather.
Our YouTube channel is here.
- 100g lean lamb fillters
- 2 cups rice (cooked)
- 3 radishes thinly sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 200g snow peas
- 200g snap peas
- 1kg broad beans
- 1 garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoon oregano leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large frypan over high heat. Season lamb with salt & pepper and sear in frypan until brown.
2. Bring a medium sized pot of water to the boil, add thebroadbeans and boild for a couple of minutes. Transfer the beans to cold water to prevent further cooking, drain, them slip the covers off the pods.
3. Bring about 2 inches of water to the boil, and blanche the peas and asparagus in batches for a minute or so. Transfer to cold water and drain.
4. To prepare the dressing, combine the finely chopped garlic, basil and oregano, with the red wine vinegar and whisk together until well combined.
5. To assemble the bowl, start with a layer of rice, followed by lamb, broad beans, snow peas, snap peas and radish slices. Top with the dressing and serve!