Our cooking show features delicious shoppable recipes, quick fire home made meals for the family and fun food facts that everyone can enjoy featuring our amazingly talented home cook Helen from Mumma's Country Kitchen. Stay tuned for weekly episode updates on our social media & website! Our cooking playlist on YouTube here.
Bacon & Eggs
A classic with a twist! Here is Helen's Shakshuka style baked bacon and eggs.
- 8 free range or organic eggs
- 200g bacon, diced
- 500g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum, finely diced
- 1/4 cup parsley or oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Few dashes of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extran virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius
2. Place the oil in a medium sized frypan and heat over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, capsicum and bacon and saute until the onion becomes translucent. Add the herbs and saute for a further minute.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and cinnamon and stir to further crush the tomatoes. Add a little water and allow the mixture to come to a boil. Turn the heat down and allow the salsa to bubble away for a few minutes until thick.
4. Carefully divide the salsa into four small ovenproof dishes. Make two wells in each of the dishes and carefully crack the eggs into a bowl, one at a time, and slowly slide the eggs into the wells. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until the egg white has set.
5. Serve immediately, accompanied by crusty bread.
Check out our catalogue for more Weekly Specials
As a local family owned & operated supermarket chain, we pride ourselves on being able to get your fresh produce from the farm to the store in the shortest possible time. We don't warehouse fresh produce, we get it delivered to the store on the same day that we buy it.
We work with many local farmers to reduce transport times and ensure the produce not only tastes better, but lasts longer.
FRUGLIES. IT'S OUR FRUIT & VEG THAT'S REALLY UGLY AND REALLY CHEAP.
Our fruglies don't look all that great but they taste great. And at up to half the price, they're great for local farmers, great for the environment, great for reducing food waste and great for you.
At Supabarn our focus is to find great products where the production is located near the farm.
It's good for the planet, which is good for everyone.
It is nectarine season between October & April in Australia. These ones pictured here are from Newrybar, New South Wales.
Capital Brewing Co.
100% independently employee owned, and brewed on-site at their new Fyshwick brewery, Capital Brewing Co. is on its way to becoming a local institution.
A family tradition lives on at Vannella in Marickville who make a variety of fresh, stretched curd cheeses. Each cheese is produced with the same care for quality and authenticity.
Artisan infused olive oils and finishing vinegars grown on two distinctive groves at Yass and Billimari in central NSW. Award winning with a well-deserved reputation for quality, local products.
Pickled in Marrickville, only 6km from our closest store, Westmont is specially crafted through a collaboration of exciting new agricultural methods and old school pickling techniques.